Friday 21 January 2011

MY SANDAL BROKE INTO "S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G" TODAY:-)

      Today was our 'Sport's day'. There were many variety of sporting games to encourage management students like us. But the most exciting games for matured students like me were sat, ice and water, hide and seek, tip-top and so on. We played it in the most sense as no one was watching us, as we had a great group of players we enjoyed well.
     After the funniest games, I noticed my sandal. One of the stripe in it had broken. I thought of many ways in solving the matter - to repair it or buy a new one. It was afternoon and we came back hostel. I rethink on the alternatives and the pocket money. I had some money that Appa gave me last time. It is a great chance to buy a new one. As there is no class today, I just wanted to enjoy a bunking day's spirit.
    After showing my head in the play ground, myself and my friends went to Convent Junction. The rocking place where I spend my most teen days. Here, my memories return to me in each steps. The days of the best funs in my life. (I won't finish this, if I divert)
    With the plan of a chappal below Rs.400, I went into the shop. But, I was excited that I bought chappals below Rs. 700(but one was for my dearest Mom)I am not fond of shopping. But when I went there, I found many unavoidable wants for my well-living. I shopped well and had a good food also. My heart was jumping out of me, because of the materials I bought today. All my friends loved it, some of the variant colors, some of reasonable cost, different model and the list moves on..
      I really enjoyed our Sport's day, as it is a day with an experience. Whenever I plan a trip,(even if it is small) I wish to enjoy the smallest event with the eyes of a small child to see, hear, feel and experience the newness. The day was full of surprises. When I sit back on one of the seat in bus with my friend, I wanted to make a remark: "The new sandal was fantastic, it's soo pretty that I love it. But it can't be a daily wear. Actually, I wanted a casual wear and I told it to the shopkeeper too.." My friend silently agreed my remark..
     In that silence, with the rush I saw in that bus, I turned my mind to the shop again. I consoled  my heart that there were no much pretty sandals better and I had the best one and the lucky star of the day. My heart jumps out: "Ya, you are right"

4 comments:

ചീരു said...

Are you still stick on with ur comment "i am not shopaholic"?

AKKU said...

I love shopping, the way in which we have unexpected surprises out of it:-)

മൃതി said...

confessions of a shopaholic... ever saw the film? u shld...

AKKU said...

I saw that thrice